Me!

Hi I'm Isabelle. I am 9 years old and I am in Year 5 at Hutt Central School. I like playing cricket, netball and touch rugby, baking, and reading books. I like the Ugenia Lavender books by Geri Halliwell and How I survived Middle School by Nancy Krulik.

Tuesday 27 May 2014

My Auckland Adventure - Part One

Monday 26th May 2014

Today I drove with my family from Wellington to Taupo. We left at 2.30 in the afternoon because I was doing the Jump Jam leadership course at Upper Hutt School.

My Dad is going to have an operation on his arm. The only surgeon who can do it is in Auckland, so that's why we're driving up the North Island!

We stopped in Levin at an awesome playground. There was a big wheel - it looked like a Hamster wheel. I ran inside the wheel with my Dad and my brother Ashton. 



We drove on to Taihape, where we stopped and got some dinner. We had McDonalds! Then we drove all the rest of the way to Taupo. 

We stayed at the Taupo Top Ten Holiday Resort in a cabin. I had the top bunk. It was like being at school camp. We brushed our teeth and went to bed. 

Tuesday 27th May 2014

In the morning, it was freezing cold! 

The grass had frost all over it, and I could see my breath. It was -3.2 degrees outside. We had milo, bananas and hokey pokey biscuits for breakfast. Then we got a big jump on the giant bouncy pillow. It is the biggest in New Zealand. 


We drove to Auckland next. It took three hours to get there. When we got to Auckland we checked in to our motel and went to Butterfly Creek. 

We went in to a boiling hot room where the butterflies were kept. They were flying around and drinking a kind of sugar syrup.
The butterflies came from Asia and South America. Some of them only live 14 to 15 days, the others can live for up to 2 months. 
My favourite butterfly looked like a tiger. One butterfly landed on my t-shirt! 



Then we saw some crocodiles. They were babies but they didn't look like it! There were two big gigantic salt water crocodiles. One had his mouth open and we could see his huge teeth. 

We went on a train ride, and saw lots of dinosaurs - fake ones! Some of them moved and roared. 


We also saw a rabbit, some lamas, and a talking cockatoo at the Buttermilk farm. 

We were exhausted when we got back to our motel, so we had some dinner and watched a movie. I watched The Lion King. It was funny when the monkey banged his stick on Simba's head. 

Wednesday 28th May 2014

This morning I was tired. We had some breakfast and packed up the car again. We went to the Airport and met Grannie and Bump. They are my grandparents. They have come to help look after us and Dad while he is in hospital. 

We had apple juice and a hashbrown from McDonalds, then Ashton and Bump caught the Airport Bus into the city, while Mum, Dad, Grannie and I drove to the North Shore to find our motel. We are going to be staying here for 4 nights. 

Our motel has a tv right in the room where I will be sleeping! 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Isabelle, it looks like you are having a good time. We like your blog, it looks really interesting.
    Mia would like to know if you are going up the Sky Tower?
    Matt was wondering if you fell over on the spinning wheel in Levin?
    Hope your dad's operation went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello room 9,

      thanks so much for the comment.We might go up the sky tower if we have time,Mia.

      Matt, I did fall over on the wheel...and so did my brother!

      Dad's operation went well, but he is a bit tired and sore.We are going to see him at 11 this morning.

      From Isabelle!

      Delete